Follow the steps
below to complete the Probability WebQuest:
- Discuss theoretical and experimental probabilities with Mr. Phillips in class before visiting
Mr. Phillips’ WebQuest page.
- Print out the blank data tables that will be used to record results from each probability experiment.
(Click the link below.) http://hartleyswimming.googlepages.com/ProbabilityWebQuestPDF.pdf
- Before each experiment, take a moment to make predictions on what the outcomes will be for
- Click on the links to perform the experiments. Make
sure to follow the instructions on each website to select the correct variables for each experiment (number of dice, coins,
- Record the actual results on the data sheet after each experiment, and compare the predictions
(theoretical probability) with the actual outcomes (experimental probability.)
- Finally, respond to the two short-answer questions on the data sheet:
- What did you notice about the theoretical & experimental probabilities after performing the experiments many times?
you design your own probability experiment?
Use these websites to conduct your experiments:
Task A: “Coin
Task B: “Virtual
Task 3: “Spinning Wheel”